.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Code2Fame Entry

To quickly add to my previous post on the subject of DHCP4WHS... last week I came up with a new build of DHCP4WHS (0.8.4) which doesn't change much from the first build (0.8.2) and offers a few cosmetic and stability improvements (more cosmetic) for it's submission to the Code2Fame Challenge.

Also for your viewing pleasure (if you've got 4:52 to kill) I've also uploaded the video I recorded for it which is available for download here or on SoapBox:


Video: DHCP4WHS Demo

I must say though that I am rather regretting my capture mechanism as it looks quite poor when compared to the other other entry video I've seen, that from Andrew Grant (no relation) and his excellent add-in Whiist which gives users users a quick and easy way to add custom web sites to their Windows Home Server.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • Very cool!

    By Blogger Dan tdaxp, at 10:50 AM  

  • if you have several nic's, can you bind the dhcp to a particular interface?

    By Anonymous robert, at 2:45 PM  

  • I'm afraid not Robert, that's something I looked into doing but never had time to implement.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 1:09 PM  

  • I'd like to turn my whs into a dhcp/wifi router by bridging a wifi card to nic1 where dhcp server is bound to nic1. nic2 connects to dsl/cable gateway for internet services. does the dhcp bind to both nics?

    By Anonymous robert, at 8:31 AM  

  • At last check yes, it binds to all interfaces.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 9:01 AM  

  • I'm an independent developer, working on a project with WHS as a part. Would you consider contract work extending dhcp4whs for my evil purposes ;)

    By Anonymous robert, at 2:50 PM  

  • It all depends on what it is robert, though I really don't have much free time for things at present.

    If you need DHCP functionality on Windows Home Server... you could always look into enabling the built in DHCP service and wrapping that.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 4:12 PM  

  • I'll email my needs

    By Anonymous robert, at 4:58 PM  

  • it works great here. But now another thing.. is it also possible to share the internet by using DHCP.

    I have a WHS with wireless networkcard. Internet is received on the WHS and works great. A desktop is connected to the WHS by a switch. It gets the IP from the DHCP on WHS, but the desktop does not use the internet from the WHS. How am I able to manage this.

    Wireless gateway 192.168.2.1
    wireless WHS nic 192.168.2.2

    wired desktop on switch 192.168.0.3
    wired WHS IP 192.168.0.213

    On the desktop i entered 192.168.0.213 as gateway and DNS, but still no internet. If you can help me with this wouterschouwenberg (at) home (.) nl is my email / msn if possible

    kind regards and thnx for the work.
    wouter

    By Anonymous wouter, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home