.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Sunday, November 06, 2005

MCAD

I am proud to announce that Friday morning I successfully passed Microsoft exam 70-320 (aka Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework), being the last test required for me to achieve the status of MCAD, or Microsoft Certified Application Developer, and this morning the DB over at Microsoft updated to reflect this test and my new certification level. Woot!

I must say, I do love the fact that my employer reimburses me for these kinds of tests, provided I pass and get it OKed ahead of time.

Next stop... 70-340, (aka Implementing Security for Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET) and an MCSD not long later.

2 Comments:

  • Hi,

    I was wondering if you could share your preparation ideas for the 70-320 with other bloggers.

    Indy

    By Anonymous Indy, at 7:04 PM  

  • That evil one... I read and worked through MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft® Visual Basic® .NET and Microsoft Visual C#® .NET, Exams 70-310 and 70-320 that I snagged off of http://osdn.safaribooksonline.com (you can get a two week trial there for free). Other than that... just a lot of cramming from that thing and a bit of guessing here and there on the test. I found remoting and windows services quite easy, the few xml web services questions were little fun, and the few com q's sucked.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home