.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fargo: 468.5 miles and $10 later

At long last my much anticipated trip to Fargo has occurred.

Waking far too early in the morning for any sense of sanity:
2:36 AM

I left my driveway at 3:51:
3:51 AM

And arrived to the hospital (~7:20) where I was going to be seen at 8am:
STA70776

STA70775

Center of Hospital

Long story short... the neurologist didn't have any brilliant ideas and after a 20 minute examination (the sort of thing that could likely have been done by a nurse), he threw out the idea of writers cramp and wrote me a Rx for Baclofen which only cost $10 to get filled.

The one upshot of this trip (aside from being out ~60 for gas) is that we should know one way or another if the Rx is helping in about 3 weeks... which is not long before my scheduled appointments for the neurologists in Sioux Falls... so worst case, if/when that time comes and
I'm still having troubles, we will have one more thing ruled out.

While in Fargo I remembered why I'm not much of a fan of the town... despite being a decent sized city of ~90,000... I can never get over just how flat the place is. Take these two shots of the skyline:
Fargo Skyline

Fargo Skyline

There's just nothing out there.

Have some pride Fargo and build something tall! Here in Madison, SD, a town of only 6500 we've got an apartment building that is taller than anything I've seen in Fargo including the hospital.

Edit: Me thinks I need to sit down and work on a new blog template of of these days/weeks/months/years as this original template is just far to narrow and my basic hacking so far only makes it look worse.

6 Comments:

  • From what I recall, North Dakota state law doesn't allow buildings taller than the state capitol, which is unfortunately very small.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 PM  

  • Interesting idea... any chance you can find a link? I'm not having much luck myself and have only really found that the state capital is the tallest building up there.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 8:43 PM  

  • I grew up in Fargo. I think that the Radison hotel in downtown Fargo is the tallest building in ND. I could be wrong, though.

    By Blogger Annie, at 8:03 AM  

  • That North Dakota law is nothing more than urban legend. Though, it IS the tallest building in ND (it out does the Radisson in Fargo by 35ft) the main problem is to build taller in Fargo, we need to drill pilings nearly 200ft into the ground to hit bedrock (which is quite expensive). I have to comment, as well, that the only thing Madison has that outdoes Fargo, is a student dormitory (Van Hise Hall), but the capital in Bismarck is still larger. While at the same time, the Madison skyline does have more depth than Fargo's.... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 PM  

  • Ah crap, I just read Madison, "SD"... My bad... still though, we've got taller in downtown Fargo... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 PM  

  • So, how much does your alarm clock weigh?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home