.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Cobuyitaphobia Bork, bork, bork!

A couple of days ago my opponent IMed me joyfully proclaiming that the timer had reset, that my blog was no longer the #1 hit for a search of cobuyitaphobia.

This began a debate over the original terms of our deal, he claims that top spot only counted for a single site, and that should a site fall from #1, even if the new #1 site was owned by the same person, it still results in a reset of the clock. While I on the other hand felt that it was whoever had the top spot regardless of what site of theirs was on top.

This debate however, maybe moot as depending on how you look at it... my blog is still #1.

A traditional search on google yesterday showed cobuyitaphobia.com as #1, my blog as #2, and my opponents blog as #3... however if you do a search for the term with the language selection of "Bork, bork, bork!" (my regular language for google), my blog is #1, with cobuyitaphobia.com as #2, and my opponents blog as #3.

Quite odd I must say.

More so... is that tonight he laughed even more, 8 days in with the new #1 spot in a regular English search, a single geocities page I put up with a few links to my blog… how such a site that is not linked to from anything of value can be #1... amazes me, oh well. Time to break out the big guns now that I am in the home stretch with 6 days left until my victory.

1 Comments:

  • Your not a loser at all

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home