.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Battlestar Galactica: Woot! and WTF?

I recently got done watching the last episode of the first season of the new Battlestar Galactica series that is only now airing on SciFi here in the states. Having a friend overseas who recorded the show and sent it to me was quite useful for this.

I am now... rather miffed.

Personally, I hate cliffhangers. I hate them hate them hate them. In some cases, you’ll have a “Oh no, there’s only 2 minutes left, how will they ever get Timmy out of the well”... and it’s pretty obvious how things will turn out... but when they end an episode or season the way they did with BSG... it’s maddening.

For those who haven’t seen the episode yet... I will now ruin it for you.

Key points include:
  • The President is really the Borg Queen and sets out to assimilate the Galactica.
  • Dr. Baltar, realizing that he is Godspoken sets out to trace every wood grain on the Galactica (ala Han Qing-jao).
  • The BSG crew realized that they’ve been wearing their undershirts backwards.Adama, at the suggestion of Dr Baltar offers rishathra to the Cylons in the hopes of brokering peace.
  • Six discovers that the reason she has been hearing the voice of god is because she has been unable to take her medication since losing her body.
  • And the biggest surprise of all : BSG is the latest SciFi show to guest star Claudia Black appear. Shame they canceled Farscape.
Please Note: The above points were not intended to be humorous. Any similarity between them and humor is purely coincidental and entirely accidental.

On a related note... I do find the SciFi channels decision to delay airing of BSG in the US so far behind SkyOne overseas rather odd. Because of my access to a person who recorded the show for me... I have no need to watch it on SciFi and I doubt I am the only one. I have little doubt that plenty of other people in the UK (or even just one) recorded, encoded and shared copies of the UK airing with plenty of people around the world... including a good many here in the US with access to SciFi

I want to make it clear, I am not advocating the illicit downloading and viewing of TV shows so as to be able to view them before they air in ones local area... but knowing that plenty of people do so... I think it would be in a networks best interest to air a program as quickly as possible giving the P2P as little time as possible to distribute illicit copies, there by making the viewing of the show at its regular time more attractive... despite the commercials and incessant ads for upcoming shows (one of the biggest reasons I avoid SciFi whenever I can (that and their line of quality programming is always lacking IMO)).

1 Comments:

  • It's based on the book of Mormon. It ends when the unbelievers are turned into Indians or robots or whatever.

    The end.

    QED

    By Blogger Dan tdaxp, at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home