.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Friday, December 03, 2004

Halo 2 Review

As posts about Halo 2 have been all of the rage for weeks now, I decided I might as well use the topic as an excuse to write something more to this blog.

First, a little background:

A couple of weeks ago, I decided it was time for me to upgrade my ancient TV, something that was manufactured 1 month before I was born (yes there is a sticker) nearly 25 years ago. Best Buy at the time was running a “Pay no interest until January 2007” plan, something I decided I couldn’t pass up (I could of course, but opted not to).

So down to Sioux Falls I went with my buddy Chad who knows far more about televisions than I. We spent some time looking and sure enough, found the one I would eventually take home... a rather pretty 32 inch Samsung CRT that had a built in ATSC/QAM tuner for digital television.

While there, I decided it was also time to get an Xbox and a copy of Halo 2, along with the original (yes, I already had it on the PC, but for 15 bucks you can’t go wrong).

After major pains of moving the TV into my living room (the box was too large to go through my front door, so we had to take it inside unboxed), we got it set up and began to play with it. Ogling at the prettiness of over the air digital television (shame only 2 channels are broadcast at sufficient power to reach my living room in Madison (Do you hear me KTTW and KDLT? Turn up your broadcast power!)), we plugged in the Xbox and played some death match and co-op, also quite pretty stuff at 480p.

Since then, I’ve watched a number of TV shows, and a couple of DVD’s on my cheap (but progressive) DVD player, and 1 other sitting of Halo 2.

Rather pathetic really, I spend all that money on my first television with a remote control (growing up the closest thing we had was one on a VCR) and stereo sound... as well as my first game console since the Super Nintendo.

I do know I need to try to find some of the older and larger Xbox controls as these S ones hurt to use after short periods of time... but I wonder what else would keep me in front of the new TV and Xbox more often... perhaps a new couch... this is my second hand me down couch, neither of which have been particularly sturdy nor comfortable... who knows.

The review: Impressive graphics, difficult enemies (mostly due to my not yet being used to the controls), I look forward to spending more time with the game... whenever I get around to it at least.

4 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:48 PM  

  • ar you stupid ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home