.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Friday, August 13, 2004

"Blood on the walls"

Now for something completely different, a post that has nothing to do with Linux!

A little over a month ago, I had my house broken into, long story short, I quickly found out who it was and turned them into the police. This week I requested and obtained a copy of the police report.

Part of the burglars written statement said and I quote (including same punctuation):

I went into my neighbors house and took $15:00 dollars in change and went through the window. I was in the wrong. But my Land Lord told my mom that He thought that he did drugs and that there was Blood on the walls so I went into check. and that was when I took the money. I pushed the air conditioner in and left.


You can find full details here.

4 Comments:

  • Love the layout of your blog.

    I'm an English teacher from America in South Korea.


    http://www.lulu.com/content/70886

    By Blogger Shawn, at 11:51 PM  

  • I've had my car broken into, and my house broken into. When my house was broken into, they took my stereo, my cds, motorcycle helmet, and worst of all, my personal belongings I had kept in my closet like old letters, expired drivers licenses, old 8mm films of my family before I was born...I think I'm going to cry. Then they left tire tracks in my yard and it was clear they had gotten stuck, so they went into the woodshop and used some of my good lumber to get themselves out of the mud.

    You are very lucky to have caught her and to be able to participate in justice being served. You don't know how badly I'd like to be able to do the same. Even in the case where my car was broken into and all they took was a shitty stereo and some tapes, I felt totally violated, and I think burglary is one scummy motherfucking crime that deserves a harsh sentence.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM  

  • Classic! To have a picture of her when she saw one of her in your place. Best $10 you might have ever spent.

    As for her and jail time if this is her first conviction she'll most like be spared anything more than a few months. She sounds a tad sleazy. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM  

  • My sincerest sympathies to you. I can't imagine how awkward it would be to see her parent(s) (your neighbor) try to face you. Even worse, if they themselves have no shame for their daughter's acts, and treat you beligerantly.

    On an off-topic note: I find your take on Linux quite interesting (as well as a bit refreshing). Even though I'm a 85% Linux convert, as an IT director, I find myself dealing with both Windows and Linux (as well as a few other UNIX type systems) on a daily basis. I'd be curious to find out if, as the technology matures (as I will readily admit, it's not 100% there), you will find yourself trying new releases (like Fedora Core 3 or Slackware 10), or if (as your first blog entry suggests) you are completely finished trying.

    http://slashdot.org/~Allen%20Zadr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home