.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Monday, January 31, 2005

Ma-Na Ma-Na

Do-do do-do-do

There are songs out there that mean a great deal to me, this evening, I heard one of the most obscure ones on my list in commercial during 24.

The commercial, was one for some kind of diet dr pepper and involved a couple on a date, the guy talking about how he works at a children’s hospital and even if he won the lottery he wouldn’t quit... while his date enjoyed her freshly poured diet dr pepper as we hear the main vocals of "Ma-Na Ma-Na" from the guy when ever he opens his mouth with the rest of the restaurant patrons providing the accompanying vocals (if you can call any of "Ma-Na Ma-Na" vocal).

Wow. I’m still in shock.

I had that song in my head for years before I found a copy, and have since addicted a few to it.

If you want a truly addictive song... try Lux Aeterna from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack, I’m up to 3 people I’ve hooked within the last week.

UPDATE: 4/11/2005.

Some have asked where a copy of Ma na ma na can be had, and wanted to stay legit, the best place I've found for it is an old Muppet Show CD... namely The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem and More - 25th Anniversary.

5 Comments:

  • Saw it. It was ok.

    -Dan

    By Blogger Dan tdaxp, at 5:23 AM  

  • Who does Ma-Na Ma-Na? You're right, it is addictive and I would like to find a copy for my children.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

  • The Muppets did the one in the commercial.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

  • anyone herd the version used on the benny hill show?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:56 AM  

  • that song was awsome im still singing it

    By Anonymous dr peper, at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home