.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hand Dr. Number four revisit

This morning I saw a hand Dr. Number four again, the Dr. who had recently referred me to a neurologist. 

He was also said the year that the Baclofen did nothing

One possibility he threw out was that I might still have carpal tunnel, and that the original surgery had not actually fixed it, or possibly that the original surgery had fixed it, but allowed for some excess scarring which actually caused the same problem once again.

To test this theory I received a couple of injections, one in each wrist.  Unlike the first two times this was done with hand Dr. Number two, instead of just being an anesthetic like lidocaine, this latest volley has a mild steroid and it is well (cortisone if I remember right), a combination that in theory should relieve some of my symptoms over the next day are three (may take up to a week) should (if successful) give me some relief for 4 to 6 weeks.

Rather than jumping into things immediately again and doing an all out test of my hands again, I'm going to give this latest shot a week or so to see if it does anything with the pain I've currently got before pushing any further because despite my previous hopes, but the two weeks I've taken off already from my last test things have not improved in the slightest.

One interesting bit that I got from hand Dr. Number four was that he disagreed with the neurologists suggestion that I see an occupational therapist to see if they could offer any suggestions as to what I might do to reduce my pain and discomfort as hand Dr. Number four recognizes that when my hands hurt, using them at all only makes things worse.

So now we have the waiting game once again, waiting and seeing if this latest proposed solution will do anything.  I figure that all give handed Dr. Number four a call in 2 to 3 weeks in case things have not improved rather than waiting a full five weeks before I'm scheduled to see him next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home