.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wahoo! My Airdyne is fixed!

So a couple of years I got one hell of a deal on a used Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike and unfortunately, late last summer I broke it, a break that only today, some 9 months later has been remedied.

I'd had the misfortune of breaking off a key bolt flush with the surrounding area making it impossible to remove without a great deal of work... and today I visited a buddy's father who'd first offered to help me fix it back in November. While there today he broke out his welder and added some extra metal to the part making it possible to grab on to and remove... and not 10 minutes after I got it home this evening I had it fully working again.

Woot!

Shame I don't think I'll be spending any time on it tonight.

Also on the plus side... me thinks it's going to be pretty nice that from no on when I use it, I'm no longer telling a big ole fat lie. No longer will I be forced to enter my weight as 300lbs (it was as high as it could go), instead I'll be able to be more accurate... but more on that another time.

Now though me thinks I should start looking into a better seat as the one that is there causes some discomfort in my nether regions after only 10 minutes of use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home