.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

24 + Ryanverse?

As entertaining this season of 24 has been... it seems to be getting a little repetitive and borrowing from previous seasons and last night I was beginning to wonder if they were going to copy a bit from the Tom Clancy book Executive Orders... I figured the scene would go something like this:

President Palmer: "Jack... I cannot express the gratitude of this nation or my own personal gratitude for your having saved this nation from certain destruction yet again... in recognition of this, made possible by the recent resignation of the Vice President"

Jack Bauer: "Mr. President... I... WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR! Put down your weapon! Chloe... I need a favor... Get Down! Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son. When I'm finished with you, you're gonna wish that you felt this good again... ... ok."

In the next scene we see Jack Bauer sworn in as Vice President, only to see yet another terrorist attack strike down President Palmer, causing Jack to almost immediately be sworn in as President... only to see the recently resigned Vice President jump into the room and proclaim: "Haha! This is all wrong for you see... I didn't actually resign... after all, if I did, where is my letter of resignation? All that you will find is a small pile of ash in the garbage can of the Oval Office... I mean um... I'm really the President."

Such a twist would be only slightly more ridiculous than the current season has been... and probably about as entertaining as we would once again get to see Jack Bauer this time save the world single handedly... this time why while using Air Force Once to fly around the Los Angelis area rather than wasting all of that time on surface streets... almost makes me wonder how many air strips there are in the area that could accommodate an 747 and a presidential motorcade.

While pitching this idea to a friend and checking a couple of tidbits to see how well my memory was, I learned that the Tom Clancy book Without Remorse is currently being made into a movie with Joaquin Phoenix playing Jack Bauer like badass John Clark.

I have no doubt that some may think the casting a good choice... however I am not one of them and when I think about it a single line hybrid line comes to mind:

What they did to you Pammy... It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home