.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More waiting

Not hearing anything from HD#2's offices nor from the Mayo Clinic regarding my last visit, I gave HD#2 a call last week... and again yesterday to see if everything had been sent out, if the required letter of medical necessity had been written and sent to my insurance company and when/if I should begin to worry about not yet hearing anything from the Mayo Clinic.

At long last I got my answer... despite being told it would only take a few days to collect my info and mail it off... they are still trying to collect everything... which means (from my prospective) NOTHING has gotten done over the last three weeks.

Damn it.

Despite how bad this crap is... I do need to keep reminding myself that even under the state run/paid for systems that some presidential candidates are pushing... what I am seeing (and have experienced) in past is likely faster and better than what would be achieved under a single payer health plan.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • My lawyer pulled a similar stunt. *sigh*

    By Blogger Dan tdaxp, at 12:04 PM  

  • When your insurance companies denies it (and trust me, they will if it is expensive) then you will be in for the real fun. The Mayo Clinic, or the doctor down the street, can say how "necessary" it is and the insurance company bean counters can (and will) overrule them.

    I've dealt with this with my mother (who passed away in April), my father and now my partner.

    Give me a single payer system anyday over this crap. I've sat by and watched too many people die as the insurance companies play these games.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

  • That always exists as a possibility... and should it happen, other options exist, like the courts.

    I'm forced to disagree that this would be any better under a single payer health system considering how well the government runs most things today, let alone all of the stories we hear out of countries with such a system... stories of people having to come to the US or other countries from places like Canada and the UK in order to get prompt often time life saving or improving treatment because of delays and rationing in the country where they’ve paid into the system for so many years.

    Frankly I’m more concerned with getting well than I am how much I pay for it... currently I’ve exhausted all local resources (ie 8 MD’s, 2 PA’s and 4 techs of unknown titles in 3 states) and the Mayo is the next logical stop so even if the insurance company refuses to pay for a trip, I’ll just have a brief chat with a lawyer before I go in and a longer one after the insurance company denies my claim.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home