.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Speaker and the Swastika

Given the claims by Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying of some attending various town hall meetings with their elected officials:

They're carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town meeting on healthcare

I went looking for this imagery.. unfortunately couldn't turn anything up so opted to ask the Speaker's office.. so this morning I called the House of Representatives Switchboard @ 202-224-3132 and had the following conversation:

Other party: "Capital switchboard"

Me: "Speakers office please"

<click><click>

Other party: "Speaker Pelosi's office."

Me: "Good morning, given the comment from Senator Pelosi regarding seeing swastikas and similar <interrupted>

Other party: "... it was just an observation! <click>"

Automated recording from Speaker Pelosi: "Thank you for calling..."

I proceeded to leave a message, even including my phone number and asked where and when she saw those 'swastikas and symbols like that.'

Sadly I doubt I'll get a response... so I may just have to ask again tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home