.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Monday, August 10, 2009

Snitch #6: Fishiness from within

Another day, another report, this time reporting an unexpected person... the original requester of the reports.

To: flag@whitehouse.gov
From: Brendan Grant
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 11:33 PM
Subject: Say it isn't so!

Commissar Douglass,

At your request last week I began submitting reports on fishy activity with regards to the health insurance debate going on in the nation right now and have taken up this job reluctantly as I while I certainly believe whatever my government tells me... I am always hesitant to turn in those for re-education that I think may not require such a firm hand.

With that in mind... it pains me to no end this evening as I make this report and turn you, Commissar Douglass in after your appearance on CNN’s show Reliable Sources... where you asserted that while specific facts/sites were being collected... no personal information was being retained (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUHihwwri0).

Forgive this lowly MSNBC viewing, tree hugging, change loving, gun-hating, granola eating, once weekly bathing, bicycle riding, paper recycling, bio-fuel burning, limousine riding, tofu eating, organic soap loving, godless, vegan citizen... but isn’t not retaining such information (by virtue of it being sent to and processed by the White House)... illegal?

Please... tell me it isn’t so, tell me that you are not breaking federal law and not actually deleting any part of the information you receive... for if it was true... I do not know how I could live with myself knowing that I helped you break the law.

Brendan Grant,
Redmond, WA

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Remember this above all else, "It's only illegal if the 'other guys' do it." Since their intentions are pure, we have to be ready to excuse their behavior since it is being done to advance the cause.

    Good luck on your continued hunt...

    Greg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 AM  

  • The problem with calling their intentions 'pure'... is that we all have different definitions of what 'pure' means... if they wanted to give everyone a puppy and felt it pure... few would probably find fault... however if the administration had a 'pure' idea to saw off everyone’s left leg off... shouldn't we stop and ask "do I really think this as pure as they do?"

    Even then... intent generally only applies to sentencing AFTER it has been confirmed that a crime as committed and the accused convicted and prior to sentencing.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home