.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Snitch #5: But he was asking for it

On Friday the Denver Post had an op-ed titled "Presenting new rules for radicals", a reference to the book Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky and a person whose ideas allegedly "intrigued and influenced" both President Obama and Secretary Clinton in their younger days.

Unfortunately... the article opens quite clearly:

If you're a virtuous and patriotic American, you may find this column either offensive or misleading. If so, please forward it to White House authorities at the Department of Fishy Activity. (E-mail the good people at flag@whitehouse.gov.)

Which of course means I had little choice yesterday:

image
(Click for full size)

The text of my 'brief message' to the tip address:

As "virtuous and patriotic American" who also happens to be a "freaky right-wing zealot" who of course does everything that Rush, Sean and the rest of talk radio tells me... not to mention the K-Street lobbyists and insurance executives who are funding my manufactured outrage... I recently ran across the following article contains numerous bits of fishiness regarding the health care reform debate (which alone makes it worthy of reporting)... but also instructs me to do so... so I am.

Brendan Grant - Redmond, WA

Know what's worse than my not having yet received a response to anything I've reported (even something automated would be a delight)? The fact that they haven't even bothered to reply to insult my failings with regards to grammar.

Perhaps... they are starting to see through me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home