.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Friday, August 01, 2008

Ooo what a savings

The laptop I use today is a rather slow Gateway M275 tablet device which is really only useful to me as a remote desktop client to the faster PC in my second bedroom and when I got an email this evening advertising a great deal on a laptop I was interested... only to click to the page and find:

image

And after clicking on Special Price we see that price to be...

image

Ok... maybe that's not the stellar deal they think it is... I think I'll pass this time around.

1 Comments:

  • I had the same thing with Amazon on Tuesday. A guy from my office was leaving, so I went online to buy him a gift, eventually deciding on a pair of books of photography of the area. When Amazon offered pairs of books with a 'combined price', I assumed this was a bundle with a slightly lower price than the two individually - but no, they'd just added the two together for a great saving of $0.00.

    It could be worse; over on DailyWTF they often find "offers" where the special price is actually higher than the regular one, so the site's software helpfully offers you a "saving" of $-50.00.

    By Blogger James, at 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home