.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Monday, November 19, 2007

Why am I suddenly an expert on online polygraphs?

A couple of years ago I blogged on a bit of spam I received that was advertising online polygraphs... a post that largely went unread until late last week when ~50% of my traffic suddenly was as a result of people doing (mostly) Google searches for 'online polygraph' and similar queries... mostly out of Canada.

While I can understand why I show up so high on the Google listings... I'm forced to wonder why so many people are suddenly interested in the subject of online polygraphing, something I cannot imagine would be accurate without some fairly expensive USB devices for monitoring the test subject and a tester watching everything the test subject does via a camera.

4 Comments:

  • You never know, Brendan. Sometimes a documentary shows on TV about polygraph tests or something and people go hog wild for a couple days trying to find out whatever they can about it.

    Or someone could have been running an SEO class and they were doing keyword research for "online polygraph"... could be anything.

    Sam

    By Blogger Sam Freedom, at 12:39 AM  

  • There have been re runs of Dr. Phil where he talkes about online lie detector. I googled and came here

    Also I have been MS free for about 3 years now and you are a whiny POS

    By Anonymous Sam, at 1:16 PM  

  • that's what happened with me too ^

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  

  • Dr Phil here also. The lady said she had her husband take an online polygraph and I had to look it up to see exactly how that would work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home