.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Unreliable Messaging

If my problems with Trillian over the last few years weren’t bad enough... it seems I am having major problems with the internet these days.

For the last couple of months I’d been having some major issues with one of my domain names, dahat.com to be exact and it’s not always able to be hit with my e-mail client for anywhere from 10 to 60 min at a time. During this time... the web page itself would also be inaccessible.

Over time, I began suspect that I was also losing e-mails, and early this week I verified that during these down times... most e-mails sent to my server were lost.

After taking this up with my host, they said:

Your site is working fine in our end. If you have any problem in accessing your website in your end you can check in any of the web anonymous browsers like http://proxify.com or http://the-cloak.com, do check and get back to us if you need any further assistance in this regard.


To which I reminded them that in my first e-mail, I had mentioned that I had already tested the site from multiple, geographically separated internet connections (many with different ISP’s as well)... and that their suggested tests would just further support what I already know.

They replied later with this lovely response:

We are facing some network outage problem with our Data center. And we are keep in touch with them. We are expecting your kind co-operation and understanding in this regard. And will update you once problem is resolved.


Thanks for your patience and kind co-operation. Have a nice day.

They dare to expect anything from me when they first lie to me about things being fine, and then admit some issues?

I have since transferred the hosting to another, more reliable host.

Interestingly enough... in just a few hours I received more mail on the new host than I did on the old one over the previous few days.

I think it’s safe to assume that my old host was losing mail... mail whose source and topics I do not know.

First thing next week, I will be officially canceling my account with them and demanding a full refund for all of the hosting I received over the last year. A fair resolution I think considering what has occurred, as well as to prevent my giving negative reviews with their name (which was not mentioned here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home