.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Fedex - Delivering the Obvious

I’ve noticed a strange pattern lately with regards to Fedex packages that I’ve received... it seems, that the delivery driver to my home is not particularly bright.

How many times has this happened to you... you arrive home and find a note from a delivery person, saying they tried to deliver a package but you weren’t around... so they will be back the next day, or left it with a neighbor, or put it by your side door out of the way? All perfectly normal and reasonable things right?

The last half a dozen packages I’ve received via Fedex have been left at my front door... with a note on the door saying they’ve left it... at my front door.

Maybe I’m just dumb... but I see absolutely no point to this. If the package walks off, chances are they are going to take the note too to try to cover their tracks a bit better (until I look up the tracking info), and it is pretty hard to miss a cardboard box at the foot of my front door.

3 Comments:

  • What if someone took the package after Fedex left it? If they wouldn't have left the note saying they delivered it, you would observe that their tracking system states it was delivered and try to sort the whole mess out with them as opposed to contacting the authorities and reporting stolen property.

    Just a thought, but that is probably why they leave you a note. Considerate bastards, anyway!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 AM  

  • it is there company policy to leave a note no matter where they leave it. Try putting your work address on it and have it delivered there. I had the same problem. Get it delivered to your workplace. AND SHAZAM!! No problems. Think before you type next time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 AM  

  • I too have all packages delivered to my office so I have no issues. Plus it makes my cow-orkers jealous when I buy cool things :-D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home