.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Monday, November 28, 2005

Bad luck with the burglars

I just got off the phone with my mom, talking about my deer hunting trip of the weekend and she told me some rather disturbing news... last week, her house was broken into.

Aside from the general ‘that sucks’ thought of such news... it occurred to me... my family seems to have bad luck with burglars.

~4 years ago, on Thanksgiving morning my brother went out to my old Plymouth Voyager to discover the deck and a CD wallet full of CD’s missing. We later learned that several other cars that night were broken into had various valuables stolen.

A year and a half ago... I had my place broken into and found ~$50 in loose changed stolen. Thankfully, due to my paranoia, the burglar in question was caught on camera and is now spending some quality time in prison. The best part? She lived not 50 feet from me and was known by me and the police.

2 weeks ago, my brothers vehicle was broken into and the face plate of the deck was taken (due to their inability to remove the main deck).

And last Tuesday, someone broke into my mothers house via a basement window and ruffled through the kitchen, her room and that of my brothers. When it was all said and done, 2 digital cameras, several cash stashes and a number of his Columbia jackets and a watch. No doubt more will be discovered missing, thankfully the person who broke in wasn’t the smartest... he (I presume) cut themselves when breaking in initially and left some blood behind there... as well as a bra of my mom’s that was in one of the many drawers he went through and on a shirt of my brothers.

Hot damn none the less. Me thinks I may need to setup some sort of security rig for my mom one of these days. While it’s unlikely that someone will break into her house again... given the new found history... it may just be needed.

2 Comments:

  • Can you do anything useful with the blood?

    By Blogger Dan tdaxp, at 9:40 PM  

  • It doesn’t sound like it... not unless they think they’ve got the person and want to spend the money on testing.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home