.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Does Google not like me?

I recently discovered an oddity with regards to this blogs placement on Google.

To test this, lets try the following:

  1. Do a search on MSN for 'I hate linux' and note the result. (#1 at the time of this writing)

  2. Do a search on Yahoo for 'I hate linux' and note the result. (#1 at the time of this writing)

  3. Do a search on Google for 'I hate linux' and note the result. (No where to be found in top 10, nor top 100)


After a bit of filtering, you can find my blog in the Google results... midway down on page #4 of the results.

Pointing this out to a friend he did a modified search, for 'I hate linux' on blogspot.com, where I can be found around #15.

If I derived any profit from my blog or was hoping to have it show up highly for searches of 'I hate linux' I might care a bit more, but given the sorts of hits I get from rather obscure obscure Google searches, I don't think I need to worry too much.

Still a rather odd discrepancy none the less, especially when the Google toolbar constantly reports my PageRank as 6/10.

1 Comments:

  • I think it makes perfect sense and it proves Google's superiority over its competitors. Your page doesn't rank highly because other than the actual title, you blog says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT HATING LINUX! Therefore, Google's page ranking algorithm works better than Yahoo or MSN.

    By Blogger bm, at 5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home