.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Thoughts on War of the Worlds

I ended up seeing this movie this weekend and walked away realizing how unrealistic it was.

No, it has nothing to do with the aliens invading, or the death rays, or even the concept that beings from space who have been planning an invasion for a million plus years have never developed the ability to detect body heat remotely or immunology and virology (you know, the ability to look for viruses and bacteria and check to see if they will kill you!)... no, something far bigger.

Tom Cruise and family flee from the aliens in... a mid 90's Plymouth Voyager.

Am I the only one who finds this a bit unrealistic? As a former owner of such a Voyager (a blue 93 to be exact) who was stranded along the interstate once because of it, and later had to drive it home (~50 miles) at less than 20 MPH)... I refuse to believe that the vehicles transmission would let them drive for as far as they did without any problem.

Heck, I expect that later in the movie when he is carjacked... if he would have calmly said "Hey man, I don't think you want this thing... the transmissions in these things are known to blow up around 70,000 and I'm already 50,000 over due... this thing is a death trap, trust me, you don't want it" the wanna be carjacker would have backed off and let him go... but then, that's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home