.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Laughably Insulting

There are times when you are insulted and you fight back.

There are times when you are insulted and you are quiet.

There are times when you are insulted and you can't help but laugh.

This is the 3rd case.

Now and then I go through some of the logs to see what pages and search terms (often entertaining stuff) are referring visitors here, recently I came across one page which spent a fair amount of time badmouthing me and my blog, including this wonderful quote:

On topic; as he is not able to write any form of PHP, has a very little understanding of computers and seems to be manipulated by Microsoft Manipulations Inc., it doesn't wonder why he's mind is so infected with stupid things to do.


I can often be loud and opinionated, and when I am so, I tend to justify what I say and ground it in fact. After reading the entire post, including the line above I couldn't help but laugh and say:

Wow, even if I were to be drunk and moments away from passing out while griping about something that really ticks me off... I know I would be more logical and coherent than that!


In closing... I think I will stoop down a few levels and respond to the persons comments on me and my blog with a line often heard on old episodes of Jerry Springer... "Shut up! Shut up! You don’t know me! You don’t know me! F#*& you! F#*& you!" and so on.

4 Comments:

  • Didn't you learn PHP 4 years ago but then decided not to use it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

  • As I commented on my own website;

    I was wondering when you would come around.

    So yeah, as you can tell, I wrote that story three months ago, probably in my disaproval of you. Yeah, I must admit I tried Linux once, and went back to Windows, but I stayed with my second try.

    But there is one thing I can tell from you, you are extremely lame at even considering names for a blog. "ihatelinux"? You sure do know how to make people feel about your content pretty fast, and as a result, most people will hate you for your ignorance, though not knowning much about Linux it self.

    By Anonymous Svip, at 4:30 PM  

  • Please do tell, where do you get your divine knowledge and wisdom? Is it natural? Or do you hear the voice of God in your head? If so... what does he say to you? In both comments you have posted about me here, as well as the one on your super-cool-and-not-lame-self-built-blog, you use such broad sounding terms such as 'everyone', 'everybody', 'people' where you seem to speak for countless others, others who you seem to know exactly what they are thinking… so do tell, where do you get this from?

    It’s funny David, I remember being your age, working through puberty and being into what was hip and trendy... then I grew up (granted I did that long before I was your age), learned a lot in the classroom and in the real world and found that what is cool isn’t always the best. I also learned to go with what works, rather than what peer pressure told me to use.

    You cite a single post as my entire reasoning for hating Linux... shame you haven’t read anymore of it. I’d suggest you go back and read a bit more of my blog, especially towards the beginning where the name is explained as well as some of how I got to where I am today.

    You keep calling me so many names, ‘idiot’, ‘lame’ and so on... but honestly... who is the ‘lame’ one here? I who have a blog named for something I believe in and that you disagree with? Or you who has gone out of his way to resort to childish name calling?

    The fact is that you are acting like a child. For an individual of 18 (or is it 15?), one would hope that you would have some maturity and deal with people as such. When you find a person whose ideas you disagree with, ignore them, don’t post laughable and childish attacks of them on your super-cool-and-not-lame-self-built-blog.

    Also, when you do decide to judge people, I’d suggest using a more impartial measuring stick. You will find as you get older (note that I do not say more mature) that loyalty and knowledge about this given technology or that is less important than ones ability to adapt to new technologies and methods. Sure, you know PHP and Linux today, but what about tomorrow?

    Note: All of my questions to you a rhetorical as any future comments from you here within the next 5 years will be deleted in the hopes that you grow up a bit between now and then. Feel free to continue to say all you want about me on your super-cool-and-not-lame-self-built-blog.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 9:45 PM  

  • I've been running linux for about 8 years in a professional environment an d at home semi-regularly.

    Linux isn't the problem. It's the advocates. They are some of those most demented, brain damaged people on the planet. They remind me of scientologists in their almost cult-like fanatacism.

    Just plain sick people.

    By Anonymous Richard Stallman, at 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home