.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Linux

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Review

This evening I had the pleasure of seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my friend Chad down in Sioux Falls.

Having never read the book and only seen the original movie a few times I still was quite entertained by the effects, songs and overall great casting and acting.

Christopher Lee as the evil dentist father (“If you go, I won’t be here when you get back”) was brilliant. Johnny Depp as well was great and never went too far into the realm of craziness that other actors may have taken the part. Of the children, those you were supposed to hate you did... those you were supposed to like you did, and those you were to be indifferent to you were.

I was a little disappointed however to not have the classic (or remake of) “Oompa loompa doompadee doo” song; however those songs they did have were very well done.

I was also a little disappointed in how they handled the first ending attempt (if you see it you will understand), but aside from that I found it to be well worth the price of admission.

Do see this movie if you get the chance as it is great for kids of all ages.

I must say though, I am surprised by the fact that there has not been a golden ticket contest as a tie in to this movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home